Community » Forums » The Plaza » Toast o' April 2011

Popular Friendly Something To Say
of 12 badges
(18 Votes, 4 Average)

Toast o' April 2011

A delayed and named changed (felt it was needed to be simplified), but didn't fail toast is here. Hope you all didn't think I'd go typical n8BitMan and just let this project fall apart. Oh no, this is going to stand. Got a sack of info this month to display, your first user interview is in, also a game? Anyways, lets move on.

Basic Stats

April 2011 gave us...

Site News

Again, there is also more updates on everything in the MiiPlaza.net Suggestions thread. Even if the site isn't called MiiPlaza.net
    Threads of Interests

Mii of the Month: March 2011 poll: Be sure to check the April poll when it's up!
Old updates, and a couple new miis
Wii successor announced, dated for 2012 release.
Wii 2 Rumor
Minecraft
    User Awards

Most uploads for the month of April goes to... celery with 9 days of most uploads!

Most active for the month of April goes to... celery with 11 days of most uploads!

Friendliest user of the month of April goes to... ce- no, wait Pac-ManXMario & Sonic with 17 days of most friendliest!

of 12 badges
(18 Votes, 4 Average)
    User interview

New segment with the 2nd month in, we got our user interview of Eben-Frostéy up and a rolling. I'd like to say thanks to the users that sent in some questions as well as the man himself for answering them.

- Would you call yourself a "pretty cool guy" (just like n8 did)?
AWWWW YEAAAAAAH. B-)

- You uploaded most Miis (723 so far, to be precise). How many will follow? Don't you get tired?
I've been feeling like I was going to stop making miis since 300 actually, but then as it turns out, it's too darn fun! As long as I have something to make a mii for, I got a Mii. I always feel like I'm running out of worthwhile ideas, but I always run into something.

- Will you overwrite all your MAE [My Avatar Editor] Miis with Wii Miis?
Not all. There are a good number, though.

- You like fighting games. No, wait, we think you love them. So... what would your dream-fighting-game look like?
Thanks for asking! The system of the game would be in teams of 3, with flat plane stages. 3 attack buttons (low-medium-strong) and a tag-in/out button making 4 buttons total. The roster would be some awesome diverse SNK characters, but also many other great established characters from several franchaises, along with some awesome dudes who were never in fighting games. I would keep it real with characters who bring out the most in fighting game, with no clones, joke characters, or men-of-a-million-moves. They wouldn't necessarily all be popular characters, even. Karnov, Dio Brando, Scott Pilgrim, Krystal, Wild Dog, Solid Snake, and Haggar just to name a few characters... (YEAH, THAT WAS A LONG ANSWER.)

- (when) Will you buy a 3DS?
I have a feeling I will, but not too soon. When they release a few more games I'm interested in, when I have enough allowance, and when I'm done working on my project on the basement. Maybe also when they're cheaper. :P

- When you own a 3DS, will you start to overwrite your Wii Miis(/MAE Miis) with 3DS Miis?
Some of them. I already have a few ideas for Miis to make had I a 3DS.

- Do you like these questions so far?
Heck yeah! :P

- What does your sister think about Miis? And what do your parents say about this site and all these strange niche-hobbies-loving-nerds? Did they (parents and/or sister) ever make a Mii? Did it suck?
My sister thinks while it is yet another dumb part of my game obsession, it helps me get better at caricatures. My parents are glad I have something social to do with Gamercreated, like my Miis, but of course don't like catching me making Miis at the wrong time. My sister and daddy have both made Miis of completely original characters before. One of the miis my sister made was a "girl with chester cat face." Those mii are O-K.

- Who do you think is the best artist on this site? (honestly (if possible))
Hard to pick just one! I used to think Toon&Anime was the best because of his popularity, but gee... from what I've seen, I'd have to go with Celery.

- If you were Jose Nintendo and if you had all the skills to change what you'd like to change: What would you change on this site?
Don't have too many ideas for this one, lol. Make the search bar in the personal mii sites work. Also, have direct links with MiiCharacters.com. A "mii download" button that directly gives you the mii to your wii. (of course, this wouldn't work, but it'd be cool!)

- Obviously, you have the best reputation. What's your secret? Do you suck up to everyone? ;)
I once had a 5-star rep you know. :P For some reason, I just get very few haters. Ever since I joined Gamercreated, I've been on my best behaviour, I suppose. Then again, I tend to like returning people's favors if you know what I mean.

- Ask Eben about his cosplay antics. How many costumes does he have? Which is his favourite? Where does he keep them? Does he get his mother to make them? etc...
I just make up costumes from what I find, and I have a lot of costume makings around here. Mum's usually not involved except for advice. My favorite would actually have to be my blue-shirt-red-overalls Mario costume, since I have all the best parts for it. I keep my costume parts in special places in my closet and drawers mostly.

- What are some anime you watch? How about Manga?
I don't watch enough Anime, heeeehehhhehhh. I tend to watch Lucky Star, used to watch a ton of Hokuto no Ken. Two very different shows. I watched the entire Cell saga of DBZ. I do collect manga occasionally, but whatever.
of 12 badges
(18 Votes, 4 Average)
- California is big into fighting video games. Did that influenced you into liking them? Do you play competitively or would like to?
Mostly a lucky coincidence. When I was really REALLY young, the first two videogames I witnessed were Street Fighter II for the SNES and Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter and thought they both looked cool. Much later on, Super Smash Brothers became a new favorite videogame. When I got bored with Smash Bros, I wanted another game of a similar kind. This lead me to eventually get into MUGEN (a fully customizable fighting game maker) and bought Street Fighter II for myself on the Virtual Console, which lead to many other gaming endeavors such as Marvel vs Capcom and KoF.
If I played competitively in tournaments, I would get clobbered. If I could reach my skills in fighting games outside of online communities and otherwise, I would love to!

- Any last words to share to the community?
All you guys on here are freaking awesome. And here's a plug to my websit http://frostey.net . And my silly blog http://sndfrosteyneko.tumblr.com

Conclusion

It was fun to see another side of things, as we asked what's up with our first user interview. Can't wait to see who is next. I also got to see deeper into the site with the thanks of Jose Nintendo by providing us the awesome graphs you see here. It made me even question where I got my information previously and the conclusion I came up with, on both months. Also didn't expect to see a limit on characters on a post ever. I tried to keep it as clean as possible.
Also as a bonus for next month, I would like to implement a monthly game battle. Something in the simple and free department. Something along the lines of what King Galaxy did. Sound like something you would like to do? Lets here some ideas.

Let us toast onward.
Popular Friendly Center of Attention So Much To Say Something To Say Spammer
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

Splendid stuff n8. Best thread ever!

I always imagine Eben sat at the keyboard tapping away wearing his M. Bison peaked cap and jodhpurs-style trousers... I don't actually believe he owns any 'normal' clothes... ;-)

Popular Friendly So Much To Say Something To Say
of 15 badges
(30 Votes, 4 Average)
That was really cool and interesting. Great job! (Both n8 and Eben :) Will look fwd to the next one.
Friendly Center of Attention So Much To Say Something To Say
of 14 badges
(21 Votes, 4 Average)
Yessss, this is great. (Graphs which show the differences from month to month would be cool as well. I don't expect it - just saying.)
Friendly Center of Attention So Much To Say Something To Say
of 14 badges
(21 Votes, 4 Average)
As for the monthly game battle, I think it's a good idea, but the big question here is: with which game? The retro games in the thread I made are cool, but pall relatively fast (which is the reason why nobody tries to beat the scores I and Gombessa set, I guess). So it should be a game which is a bit more complex, but still easy to get into...
Popular Friendly So Much To Say Something To Say
of 14 badges
(8 Votes, 4 Average)
Clever - congrats all!
Friendly Center of Attention So Much To Say Something To Say Spammer
of 15 badges
(23 Votes, 4 Average)
^ indeed... but you're a tad late. That reminds me what about Toast O'June/ July?
of 12 badges
(18 Votes, 4 Average)
I want to add more to it than just a retroactive of the site's activities, by producing more activity overall. But I'm in a creative slump myself on top of the slump of life itself.

I'll pick up this project again eventually, I just been busy with trying to advance myself. If someone wants to pick it up, go ahead, I'll gladly help in any direction.
Popular Friendly Center of Attention So Much To Say Something To Say Spammer
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

Creative slump? Now you're talking my language! I've been in the slough of despond for twenty years...

No social badges
New User

[ur
http://www.sina.com]sina
Add CommentAdd Comment

You must be logged in to comment.