Community » Forums » Blast Works » Versioning

Popular Friendly So Much To Say Something To Say Spammer
of 15 badges
(31 Votes, 4 Average)
Admin
A new feature for the Blast Works Depot: versions.

You'll notice that some Blast Works creations now have a "Version" field with a list of dates - these are other instances of the same creation that have previously been uploaded - whether by other users or yourself, If you've concealed older versions of your levels, publishing them will restore old links and provide users access to your more recent versions. Users can now also easily keep a tree of contributors to a single project for group efforts or remixes.

More features to help organize your uploads are on the way, including linking objects (ships to levels) are in the works and coming soon, along with fixes for formatting issues in the forums.
If you have suggestions for featured levels feel free to contact any of the moderators with your suggestions.
Friendly
of 5 badges
(0 Votes, 3 Average)

Excellent! I'll have to try this stuff out!

No social badges
(0 Votes, 2 Average)

Nice! I was wondering about what to do when you have a newer/updated version, without the hastle of having the older one deleted and all the posts with it.

Something To Say
of 8 badges
(3 Votes, 4 Average)
sounds great
So Much To Say Something To Say
of 5 badges
(33 Votes, 3 Average)

Is there ver.B?

Friendly Something To Say
of 8 badges
(10 Votes, 4 Average)

So how does this work?  Does it happen automatically when you post something by the same name, or do you have to do something specific?  I'd like to update my alphabet, specifically.  Thanks!

No social badges
(0 Votes, 3 Average)

It's automatic.  I didn't even know it existed until I updated my levels and it did it.

of 8 badges
(10 Votes, 4 Average)

Cool, thanks.

of 8 badges
(18 Votes, 4 Average)

I remember updating something awhile back expecting this to happen; but it didn't. :P

I assume it'd be similar to how a level will detect updated assets (ignoring changes in name, description, etc.); but how does it recognize it as the same thing?

of 8 badges
(10 Votes, 4 Average)

It does seem to work; I'm guessing the old and new item have to be named exactly the same thing.  Doesn't affect the download history, rating, or comments, but before I concealed the old versions, a link was added in the description of each version to the other.  Apparently it's supposed to also work when submitting an edited version of someone else's creation, which is actually pretty useful for keeping track of, well... versions.

Popular Friendly So Much To Say Something To Say Spammer
of 15 badges
(31 Votes, 4 Average)
Admin

It relies on a unique ID present within the creation - you can not see it or modify it. You can rename things with no worries, and it does not take into effect the comments or downloads of older versions for statistical purposes.

Gryzor - interesting... Maybe you started anew? If you edit a level it should upload as a new version.
Add CommentAdd Comment

You must be logged in to comment.