Community » Forums » Blast Works » Blast Works SSL Download Error

No social badges
(0 Votes, 3 Average)
I was trying to go back and download some old Blast Works levels that got wiped from my system, but whenever I try to connect to the depot I get an error message that says An SSL error occurred [SSL err -9]. It also says to check the official content section, but of course that does nothing since it hasn't been updated in years. Is there anything I can do to fix it? I'd really like to get some of those levels; my game's looking a bit empty right now.
Popular Friendly So Much To Say Something To Say Spammer
of 15 badges
(31 Votes, 4 Average)
Admin
I'll look into it for you...

Update... still investigating. This may take me some time to solve since Budcat Creations closed its doors many years ago. :
No social badges
(0 Votes, 3 Average)
Same question. Any update?
No social badges
New User
Any chance you'll get this fixed up in the next 6 days before Nintendo shut their WiFi service down? Alternatively, do you know of another way of getting this sites Blastworks content onto a Wii console without the content sharing linkup?
Co-incidentally, I was also looking for a way to download LineRider tracks. Koch Media have informed me that ownership of the website has transferred from Linerider developer, Deep Silver, and the Wii linkup no longer works and no response forthcoming from the current owner.
No social badges
New User
Would hate to have all that user-created content lost. Is there another way to install content? Sideload via SD card?
Popular Friendly Something To Say
of 12 badges
(18 Votes, 4 Average)
I know that a lot of you out there are looking to get the most out of this final hour.
While I can't really help out within this particular problem, let me point out which may be your best bet to get something out of this.

Gryzor was really one of the biggest profile names that created user content for the game. He's got his save file up available http://gzrgames.blogspot.com/2014/04/megafile-re-re-upload.html

While I can't test out the content of the file because I don't have a working wii, I know the link works. And while I know that it's not the whole catalog of all the creations, it's probably close to the best you can see within the limitations of the game. This replaces your save file, so back yours up unless you are ok with losing everything regarding the game.
Also, I should point that it also includes a movement editor, something he won back around launch in a contest. A movement editor otherwise doesn't exist.
Popular Friendly So Much To Say Something To Say Spammer
of 15 badges
(31 Votes, 4 Average)
Admin
Well, I gave it a shot, even got my Wii working again to test it. The publisher no longer supports the title and the developer no longer exists, so I can only fiddle with things on my end.

I've always condemned game companies for discontinuing online support too soon and hoped to support Blast Works as long as I could, unfortunately there is something in the game preventing an SSL handshake with the server, and I can't seem to workaround it. This all started when the original SSL certificate for Blast Works expired. :(

Sorry, everyone, it's not looking like it will come back soon and I don't believe there's a way to transfer the individual files to SD card for use in the game, as they are not stored separately on the Wii file system, they are instead written into a single large file when downloaded.
No social badges
New User
Thanks for all your efforts guys! I'll look into downloading the file from the link n8 provided - thanks for that!

I wish developers had a backup plan for keeping access open to their products/tools/extra content when they close their doors. But that requires some planning and up front work in the code. Easier to do with PC games, but still not done often enough. :(
No social badges
New User
I can confirm that Gryzor's save file works like a charm! His work is excellent and having the extra editor features is cool!
Add CommentAdd Comment

You must be logged in to comment.