Community » Forums » Help » Official MiiPlaza.net Forum Help

Popular Friendly So Much To Say Something To Say Spammer
of 15 badges
(31 Votes, 4 Average)
Admin
The MiiPlaza.net forum may not be too familiar at first. It's a custom forum, found only on MiiPlaza.net (or at least, for now), so it's a bit different from your typical internet message board... this thread should help bring you up to speed.

To start with, the forum is largely controlled by the community. There are moderators on the forum who can lock and sticky topics, or move forum threads to the board it belongs in, but the removing of topics and permanent stickitization (is that a word?) of topics is handled by you.

General Rules
There are a few (previously unwritten) rules at MiiPlaza.net.
- Do not abuse the account registration system. Making "extra" accounts for malicious use is strictly forbidden and will quickly result in a ban.
- Do not contribute to inflammatory discussions. Debate and argument are a product of communication, but careless and/or rude remarks are the product of anger. Practice good judgement when communicating with others about your passions, fears and political views.
- Do not spam the forums. Linking to other sites is A-OK, but if compensation is received or users are exploited, you'll find your posts getting removed.
- Do not abuse! Abuse has a very wide array of definitions both in the dictionary and on the internet. Learn these definitions or you'll have moderators and administrators on your case.

Flagging Topics
When you're logged in, you can remove a topic from the board by clicking the red flag next to the topic name. The flag will become red, signifying you've flagged it. If enough users flag the thread, it will be removed, restorable only by a moderator.

Bookmarking Topics
When you bookmark a topic, it will be stored and available to you whenever you log back in for easier access. If enough users bookmark a topic, it will become a sticky!

Locked Topics
Topics that are crossed out have been locked by moderators. When a forum thread strays too far from it's topic, it will likely be locked. Unlike flagged topics, locked topics may still be read.

Sticky Topics
Stickies are forum topics that have become popular, either by way of moderators marking them as sticky or by the community collectively bookmarking them, and they reside at the top of the first page of each forum.

Text Styling, Images, Videos & Rich Content
You can embed images, Miis, YouTube videos, Google videos, and more in your posts. We'll have button controls soon, but in the meantime you can use standard BB code as well as some of our own inventions: "[youtube][/youtube]" with a YouTube video ID between the tags will produce a video, same goes for [googlevideo], [mii] and [quote=Person's Name] ... all of these will go a long way when communicating on the forum. More will be added as things get better.

Quoting
When you click "Quote & Reply" under a post, the "Reply" field at the bottom of the page will be populated with the post's quote id, which, when you click submit, will turn into a block quote of the user's post in your post. If you wish to quote only a part of the user's post, you can copy-and-paste the text into the "Reply" field and add the quote tags around it manually, adding the user's name within the open tag [quote=Jose Nintendo].

Editing
You have a limited amount of time to edit a post after the initial post. When you edit a post, an "Edited" tag will be added to the base of the post, signifying that the post was edited and at what time. It's considered common courtesy to mark edited text as such within your post.

Moderators
Moderators are selected by their contribution and support for MiiPlaza.net - they are strong community members in the pursuit of justice... or... something. Regardless of what they're pursuing, they can assist you with most things, like if you're having trouble with another user or you need help figuring out how to post a video. Seek out users who have the word "Moderator" next to their names in comments, and in the meantime, we'll work on assembling a list.

Silencing
MiiPlaza.net does not ban users. We all have our bad days and our bad moods, and on those days, if we choose to showboat our temper near a moderator or an admin, we'll be summarily silenced. Silencing lasts for about 3 days time - and when you're silenced, you can't post or send messages. Trust those who silence you - it's for your own good.

Footers
Your footer (or "signature") may be edited within the Preferences section in the My Account area. Images may be used, but they will only be visible if other users turn them on.

Search
The "Search" function is straight forward, and uses the Google search engine for searching. Feel free to use common Google search syntax when performing searches in the forum.
of 19 badges
(3 Votes, 4 Average)
2 things: 1. whenever I vote on a mii, it says i have already voted on this mii wheni really didn't 2. Can you change my wii console number to 6885... instead of 6886... i typed it in wrong, thx
of 19 badges
(3 Votes, 4 Average)
Sorry, scratch #1. i can vote now
of 15 badges
(31 Votes, 4 Average)
Admin
The console number you should be able to change -- no? Are you having issues with that? If so, I'll look into it.
of 16 badges
(7 Votes, 4 Average)
yea, he put in a thing where you can change you code?

unless, it wont let you, I donno...
Friendly Something To Say
of 5 badges
(0 Votes, 3 Average)
hey jose nintendo will the position of moderators change?or will u just keep using the same ppl as moderators
of 16 badges
(7 Votes, 4 Average)
why change them if their doing a good job?
of 15 badges
(31 Votes, 4 Average)
Admin
I might add more at some point, but as long as they're doing a good job, I have no reason to revoke priveleges.
of 5 badges
(0 Votes, 3 Average)
oh ok
of 5 badges
(0 Votes, 3 Average)
just wondering
of 19 badges
(3 Votes, 4 Average)
its all good Jose. I changed my brother's number and made my number my wii console. Thanks for ur time.
of 4 badges
(0 Votes, 3 Average)
I wrote a review and it wouldn't take it
of 4 badges
(0 Votes, 3 Average)
Never mind
Friendly
of 2 badges
(0 Votes, 3 Average)
i want my account removed from my wii as ive started getting abusive vulgar wiimail from a member known as legendaryv and am no longer happy with the way the site works .
how can i remove my account ?
Friendly
of 2 badges
(0 Votes, 3 Average)
i want my mapwii acount removed too
of 15 badges
(31 Votes, 4 Average)
Admin
Sorry, but I'm not responsible for mapwii. If you would like to turn off Wiimail, you can do so in the account section. Likewise, you can block emails from particular users in the message section when you first login - just find the offensive email and click "Block" - you'll never hear from them again.
No social badges
(0 Votes, 3 Average)
Whenever I try to edit my profile, it says there's an error, and I quintilliontuple check my password. Help!
of 15 badges
(31 Votes, 4 Average)
Admin
Pumpkinbot,

No good, but I'm afraid I don't have time to help troubleshoot until next Tuesday... please send an email to help at miiplaza.net - I'll respond when I'm back.
No social badges
(0 Votes, 3 Average)
I'm having difficulty in creating a wiidget...
It says that I have to upload an avatar first to create one, but I have. Twice infact.
of 5 badges
(0 Votes, 3 Average)
ive put my gender so where does it show up on my proflie
of 15 badges
(9 Votes, 4 Average)
i put my gender and no i cant see others
of 15 badges
(31 Votes, 4 Average)
Admin
Roh, strange... still having the issue??

As for the gender... ok, I'll drop that in.
No social badges
(0 Votes, 2 Average)
I keep getting an error message when I try changing my wii console number. I accidentally messed up on the last 4 numbers and I'd like to change it. If you could help it would be greatly appreciated...
of 16 badges
(7 Votes, 4 Average)
Yea, thats still happening..?
well, you can E-mail Jose Nintendo at: help@miiplaza.net.
(unless he already saw this this and fixed it..)
Wish I could actually help, but I'm only a mod in the forum. So no can do.

hope that works :)
Friendly
of 3 badges
(0 Votes, 3 Average)
i made a topic and now it's being re-made over and over. ahhh why.
Add CommentAdd Comment

You must be logged in to comment.