Community » Forums » Nintendo Wii » New Punch-Out confirmed, Sin and Punishment 2 & more

Popular Friendly Something To Say
of 13 badges
(10 Votes, 4 Average)

Just finished looking at IGN's live blog from Nintendo's Tokyo conference.  Not only was a new DS announced, but A lot of neat looking games were shown as well. My favorite is definitely a revival of Punch-out.  Anyways, go see for yourself, you may find something you like!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/915/915504p1.html

Friendly So Much To Say Something To Say
of 7 badges
(1 Votes, 4 Average)

Punch Out's what you're most looking forward to?! Are you crazy? S&P 2 is the first Wii game I've been excited about in ages, S&P 1 was one of the best games on the N64 by a mile.

of 13 badges
(27 Votes, 4 Average)

Yeah I'm thrilled that S&P is getting a sequel, and it looks really great in the video montage they supplied. So does Punch-Out!! for that matter...Glass Joe, that poor *******.

Popular Friendly So Much To Say Something To Say
of 16 badges
(35 Votes, 4 Average)
i really hope that nintendo doesn`t mess the controlls for punch out wii, because i loved the nes game. and nintendo really needs to do the classic some justice.
Friendly Something To Say
of 6 badges
(1 Votes, 3 Average)

WOO I CANT WAIT !!!!!!1111111111 i heard abou this at school today and someone already posted here :P

of 6 badges
(1 Votes, 3 Average)

i beat mike tysons punch out but i had to use the game genie -_- i never did play super punch out tho. i cant wait for S&P 2 but im looking forward to the punch out game

Popular Friendly Something To Say
of 12 badges
(18 Votes, 4 Average)

I'm more hoping for classic control out of Punch-Out! It is more of a puzzle game than a fighting one, but I glad to see it back.

As with Sin and Punishment2, it seems interesting. I only played the original off of my friend's Wii a bit. Was fun as much as I played.

I'm also interested in getting the original Pikmin (own the 2nd) with that new Wii played Gamecube games.

of 12 badges
(11 Votes, 4 Average)

Wow, that's awesome news! Thanks!

Something To Say
of 5 badges
(4 Votes, 3 Average)

Personally, I'm looking more forward to Another Code for the Wii (it was also one of the games announced). The first game (released in the US as Trace Memory) was really inventive with the DS' features and capabilities. Given what all the Wii is able to do, I'd love to see some of the same "outside-of-the-box" creativity they put into the game.

As for Sin & Punishment 2, I can't think of a system better suited for such a game than the Wii. Hopefuly they add a 2 player mode that features 2 playable characters, rather than one person moving and the other shooting.

Of course, it'd be shweeet if people from the original development teams were working on the titles...

of 16 badges
(31 Votes, 4 Average)

Well, seeing as Saki Amamiya and Little Mac both got Brawl makeovers (and I think I saw a Punch-Out!! Wii screen of Little Mac in the same style), I can only hope that Kid Icarus will be announced sometime in the future. I think that this is just a coincidence (about the whole Brawl to new games thing) but it is interesting to me, and probably only me.

of 14 badges
(19 Votes, 4 Average)

I can definitely see why Bobby Bobby is interested in Punch Out!, the short vid of it looks amazing.

of 7 badges
(1 Votes, 4 Average)

@bugashi: I very much doubt that Treasure won't be developing S&P 2, since it's their greatness that made the original so good in the first place.

of 12 badges
(11 Votes, 4 Average)

I'm not sure about those Play on Wii updates on the Gamecube games. I mean I think it could work but I don't know.

of 16 badges
(31 Votes, 4 Average)

in case you haven't seen it

of 5 badges
(1 Votes, 4 Average)

I'm excited for Punch Out. I've never played the first one but I loved the SNES version. I played countless hours trying to go past Mad Bull.

Sin & Punishment looks cool too. I have the first one on Virtual Console and its probably one the best N64 games.

I was also excited to see Nintendo announce the voice chat solution for Wii: The Wii Speak Channel. When you buy Wii Speak you get a code to download the channel for free. On the channel your Mii and the other person your talking to will appear on screen and mimic your voice. You can even host a slideshow of your pictures and chat at the same time. It was also announced that Animal Crossing and Wii Speak will be in a limited time bundle for $59.99. This just improved my chances of buying Animal Crossing even more. This certainly makes up for Nintendo's lacking E3.

of 14 badges
(19 Votes, 4 Average)
The Wii Speak Channel sounds stupid. You boot up a channel to talk with your 16-digit friends?

No, thank you. I have a cell phone.
of 5 badges
(1 Votes, 4 Average)

Well once you register them you never have to mess with their FC for the most part. You do have a point though you can't slow a live slideshow and chat on your cell phone can you? Maybe with the iPhone idk. Atleast Nintendo is trying and did something. Some people don't know their Wii Friends cell phone/phone number and the Wii is the only way of communicating. It'll be good for the casual people probably.

of 14 badges
(19 Votes, 4 Average)

Picture-viewing chatty-time sounds more pedophile or immoral than allowing chatting during online games.

This is just stupid. This would be a nice additional gimmick if Nintendo would allow chat during online games, but to give us a stupid chat channel alone. I mean, I buy game consoles for games, why not allow chat during the GAMES.

I just see this as another useless gimmick that will die in 2 or 3 weeks of downloading, just like all other channels.

of 6 badges
(10 Votes, 3 Average)
I personally like the idea, I wonder how many wii points it will cost though.
of 12 badges
(11 Votes, 4 Average)
I beat S&P. Can't wait till teh sequel.
of 6 badges
(1 Votes, 3 Average)

i dont have a cell phone (yes i am a loser) im the only one at my school without one so it may be cool for the speak channel idk I WANT PUNCH OUT

Popular Friendly Center of Attention So Much To Say Something To Say Spammer
of 18 badges
(22 Votes, 4 Average)

The most interesting thing to me was at about 2:30 into the DS reel. It looks like a second sequel for Mario&Luigi!

of 5 badges
(14 Votes, 4 Average)

3991 1197 4756 7317 is my wii# PM me if you add me!

of 5 badges
(14 Votes, 4 Average)

of 5 badges
(14 Votes, 4 Average)

Add CommentAdd Comment

You must be logged in to comment.