Community » Forums » Nintendo DS & 3DS » New DS system announced: Introducing DSi

Popular Friendly Something To Say
of 13 badges
(10 Votes, 4 Average)

http://wii.ign.com/articles/915/915504p1.html

Built in camera, Internet browser, MP3 player, double-touch screens, downloadable games using wii points, optional SD storage,  Smaller size, bigger screens!  I'm so getting one.

Friendly So Much To Say Something To Say
of 13 badges
(25 Votes, 4 Average)

Im tottaly getting, my ds is almost dead so this one needs to have less breakability I hope

So Much To Say Something To Say
of 5 badges
(33 Votes, 3 Average)

Stop trolling
Mod Edit

Popular Friendly So Much To Say Something To Say
of 16 badges
(35 Votes, 4 Average)
31gabe, youtube vids don`t work on here any more.
but as for the double touch ds. it does look interesting. i would hope it doesn`t get too over run with crappy lifestyle games though.
of 13 badges
(25 Votes, 4 Average)

Im geissing(?) some games will only be compatible with DSi now with the double touch. They may add a VC to portable system (EX:GB, GAW) Since the GBA slot is gone

Something To Say
of 4 badges
(0 Votes, 2 Average)

Oh, man. I don't care about a smaller size, if anything it's already too small to hold. They had to make it so small it couldn't keep the GBA slot? That is a crying shame. ;_;

It's a huge upgrade from the original DS and DS Lite, but it can't play GBA games. I'd rather them make it bigger than the original DS if it meant keeping the GBA and adding GB/GBC support (whether by another processor or a built-in emulator or what-have-you).

Ah, dang it. Slowly killing of the Gameboy line makes me sad. I already use my SP for GB/GBC games, I guess if I get this (and considering it's such a big upgrade, it'll probably be what makes me get rid of my original DS Phat) I'll have to add GBA to my SP's library and make myself a case that carries my DS and GBA SP. :/

I just wish I had one of the SP's with the brighter screen, and that the cartridge was in the top portion so I could play Tilt N' Tumble correctly. I hope they one day make a "Gameboy Anniversary Edition" with stereo speakers, a headphone jack, a cartridge slot on top, a great screen, and a larger design with buttons and a d-pad that feel like the original brick Gameboy. Sorry for ranting, but I love Gameboy. It's the only reason I keep my Gamecube hooked up now that I have a Wii, Gameboy Player is so very awesome. <3

of 12 badges
(18 Votes, 4 Average)

PuppetMasterKuruku

:
(and considering it's such a big upgrade, it'll probably be what makes me get rid of my original DS Phat)

It seems we are on the same boat, but I may end up holding onto my DS.

Eh, I wasn't much into handheld gaming until the DS, really. I basically just had a gameboy to play pokemon (silly kids)...

I got a used Gameboy Advance SP as a early birthday present, and within a week I got a DS. Since then, I have been mostly playing on handhelds, trying to pick up lost ground. Now that all used retailers practically stop all GameBoy games, I'm hoping that there will be VC games for this DSi, looking back on GameBoy...

of 8 badges
(13 Votes, 4 Average)

OMG i am so buying this, ds vc, miis, digital cameras, ways to get free wii points, and so much more, the only con is the lack of the gba slot, but who plays gba anymore? this is gonna be the PERFECT  handheld ill ever play. I say the price is reasonable (about $ 178 bucks) Ohhhh man im so excited

Popular Friendly Center of Attention So Much To Say Something To Say Spammer
of 18 badges
(22 Votes, 4 Average)

The double-touch thing was just a rumor, it seems. Oh well, I will likely buy this anyway, for a few major reasons:

1. Internet browser

2. Since I lost my DS Lite

3. Because the video has footage of a Mario&Luigi 3

4. THere's a mii channel.
of 16 badges
(31 Votes, 4 Average)

Who plays GBA anymore? you'd be suprised...

I plan on getting this, but I am dissapointed at the lack of a GBA slot, and why does it need to be smaller? I don't think it really makes a difference

of 6 badges
(4 Votes, 3 Average)

I still play GBA games more than DS games.

of 12 badges
(18 Votes, 4 Average)

I don't see where you are getting info on this Mii channel on the DS? There seems to be a game that uses Mii characters, but no channel.

of 13 badges
(25 Votes, 4 Average)

Yeah Mii channel?, it whould be cool to see on the ds, oh I mean DSi.

i, why i?"

of 14 badges
(19 Votes, 4 Average)

Improved?

Implosion?

Interval?

Intermittent?

Incision?

igloo? That's it! Nintendo DSigloo! ...I knew it.

Friendly Something To Say
of 5 badges
(1 Votes, 4 Average)

This will be awesome. I don't know whether to trade in my current DS or just buy a new one. I heard it will cost about $179.99. I like the built in camera they could make where you you use voice chat and the camera for a live chat session. They also announced the Nintendo DS Shop to buy downloadable games. Wii Points will now be called Nintendo Points since both systems use them. The new DS will totally kick a$$! It will probably be a while before we see it probably about six months since the DS Lite is still selling strong.

of 13 badges
(25 Votes, 4 Average)

Wow 180$ really thats cheap if look deeply enough. But then they will make DSi-Lite. Anthony were did you get the info on this? Wii Points -> Nintendo Points?

EDiT: Did anybody notice that the  logo i the same as teh info sign in the Internet Channel,

Popular Friendly Center of Attention So Much To Say Something To Say Spammer
of 18 badges
(22 Votes, 4 Average)

Oh... maybe there's not a mii channel... *sigh* oh well, it's still a good buy.

Friendly Something To Say
of 5 badges
(1 Votes, 4 Average)

I didn't read and get all my info on this here but this is where I found this.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/10/liveblog-ninten.html#more

of 13 badges
(25 Votes, 4 Average)

Hey does anybody have a link to the conference video

So Much To Say Something To Say
of 5 badges
(33 Votes, 3 Average)

...but a DSI is a video game company!

of 13 badges
(10 Votes, 4 Average)

Yeah, it appears  there is only one touch screen as usual, but even so I think it will be fun to see what more they can do with this system innovation wise.  I wonder if they'll release a separate line of exclusive games for this system, or if they'll just release one version that is playable on old and new systems, just has added bonuses on the DSi (like how you could play early GBC games on B&W gameboy, but lacking in features).  As for the lack of GBA slot, it doesn't bother me much, since I'm not a fan of Guitar Hero DS, don't use the rumble pak, and rarely play GBA games besides Warioware Twisted, which is my favorite GBA game and will be missed.  I guess we wil; have to wait and see about what this thing is really capable of.

of 13 badges
(25 Votes, 4 Average)

O yeah I forgot bout GH ds, my sister has it but how does the dsi going to support it? guess the 3rd partys will come in if not they

of 15 badges
(10 Votes, 4 Average)

this is a just another version,i bet Ds2 is coming by the end of next year:} plus how can i put down my modded ds with free games:)

of 14 badges
(16 Votes, 4 Average)

this is daft its costing me to much money how many ds s now what they going to make next xbox wii60

of 13 badges
(25 Votes, 4 Average)

Xbox wii60 = never

And by the time DSi comes out in NA the Phat(WTF) will be 5 or 4 and the Lite will be almost 3... oh wow

Add CommentAdd Comment

You must be logged in to comment.