Community » Forums » Xbox, PlayStation & VC » Who are the cheapest Video Game bosses you have ever faced against?

Friendly Center of Attention So Much To Say Something To Say Spammer
of 15 badges
(23 Votes, 4 Average)

Any genre counts, but I wouldn't recommend comparing one boss from one genre to the other, lol.

So for me, while I HAVE SEEN the like of the infamous Magaki (from KOF XI) and Gill (from Street Fighter III), I haven't faced them in the games they originated.

BUT, as of today, I have met the one of the only bosses that I NEVER DEFEATED:

KRIZALID from King of Fighters 1999. Not only couldn't you be cheap and use Iori, (as he was oddly excluded from the game) but he had two forms, lifebar-eating supers, his AI was boosted up compared to the other characters, unblockable projectiles, was fast, high attack power, was very different in both forms, etc etc. I've defeated Orochi, Goenitz, W. Krauser and even almost every iteration of Rugal... AND THEY WERE EASY AND PREDICTABOL COMPARED TO THIS JERK!

Another boss I was so scared of, I didn't try again, believe it or not was...

THE CRAZY HAND W/ THE MASTER HAND in Super Smash Brothers Melee. Maybe I could NOW, but really man. The only reason the Master Hand is usually a dumb, ineffective boss is not because of his attacks, but how easy to dodge every he did was -- Crazy Hand fixed that by making that sheild of yours poop out ever faster.

Other cheap bosses I've faced, but already defeated:Goenitz (King of Fighters 1996), Seth (Vanilla Street Fighter 4), Giga Bowser, Cyber Akuma (Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter), Wolfgang Krauser if you're not kim kaphwan (Fatal Fury 2 and Special), Orochi/ Mizuchi (King of Fighters 1997), The Onslaught (Marvel vs. Capcom 1). Already mentioned: Krizalid and Crazy Hand w/ Master Hand.

So... how about you guys? :)

So Much To Say Something To Say
of 8 badges
(9 Votes, 3 Average)
What about Wracktail from Super Paper Mario? He wasn't cheap but he was a complete joke! Even his little brother Fracktail was easier than him and he claimed he was a god? COME ON MAN!!!! The Flipside Pit of 100 trials was hard but the boss was ridiculously easy! I didn't even get hit once, yet, my HP was very low! All I had to do, was use Luigi's superjump on top of Wracktail's antenna multiple times until he did a loop-de-loop! There I just had to dodge his little wrackles! I continued the project until I won! And the reward was not worth it: YOU GET ONE OF THE AWESOMEST THINGS IN THE GAME AFTER BEATING A JOKEY CONTEMPORARY MJ-LIKE BOSS???????????? Pah! That should be the reward if you beat Shadoo!
Something To Say
of 2 badges
(9 Votes, 2 Average)
^ Translation: Gibberish
of 8 badges
(9 Votes, 3 Average)
Correct! That is gibberish! I'm just as bad as YOU!:D

I busted myself a week ago, now let's bust you!

Because bustin makes me feel SO good!

TROLLBUSTERS!!!
NO MORE $00P@H, no more Stecchino!
Friendly Something To Say
of 9 badges
(3 Votes, 4 Average)
Any character in MK2(Genesis)...there was a glitch in the game(take a step back, jump foward, kick...repeat) that would make ANY fight a cakewalk! Other than that, Altered Beast's second level boss was easily destroyed if you use the lightning shield w/ the dragon(as soon as the boss spawns, fly right in front of it and start using your shield like crazy, the boss will be defeated in no time at all!).
of 9 badges
(3 Votes, 4 Average)
Oh yeah! Also, the final boss in Crystalis(NES) was a wuss against the final sword(also named Crystalis...?).
of 15 badges
(23 Votes, 4 Average)
I've actually recently defeated Krizalid overwhelmingly. :P Just used crappy techniques that day...
Anyway, might as well make a list of even harder bosses that haven't made da list yet. These are all fighting game bosses.

1. Shin Akuma (Street Fighter Turbo): Every freakin' time I tryed to defeat this JERK I watched my best character get pummeled to dust by his double fireballs, close-range attacks that get rid of 1/4 your health bar PER HIT, etc.
2. JYAZU (Kizuna Encounter): After I faced the super-challenging King Leo after the surprisingly easy other opponents, I faced this THING. I took me even more continues than FF1 Geese Howard, and I defeated through brute force and luck. NO strategy. Very underrated SNK boss.
3. OMEGA RUGAL (King of Fighters 2002): Why does Geese call people "predictable?" Even the Original Geese Howard can't compare to this epic cheesehead in terms of AI and technique variation...
4. ORIGINAL GEESE HOWARD (Fatal Fury 1): After grinding through the already pretty dang hard other levels, I takes me about 100 (no joke -- maybe even more) continues to figure out a strategy to beat this dude. I don't even remember the entire strategy.
5. IGNIZ (King of Fighters 2001): No one is safe. Too much giant unblockable crap. Giant fireball. Super that takes up 90% of your health. No one is safe. (except maybe Athena. But then again, this particular installment of the game ain't well produced, so she has a poor excuse.)
6. SHIN M BISON (Street Fighter Alpha 3): ROUND ONE! GO FOR IT MAN! *some of the fight happens* *teleport to avoid an attack* *another teleport* *teleport* *teleport* PSYCHOCRuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuSHER!!!!!!!!!! KAY EAU! *shows bison blowing up a city with a robo buddah statue* GAME OVER.... "wtf?"
7. MAGAKI (King of Fighters XI): spammed fireballs. every corner. some of them un-one-up-able. some of them invisible. every direction. stupid anti-air attack. punches and kicks take out an 3/8 of one character's health. Yeah. He's surprisingly easy though, but still way harder than most iterations of M. Bison, Goenitz, etc.
of 9 badges
(3 Votes, 4 Average)
Oh yeah, the guy with the pistol from Bushido Blade! Who brings a gun to a knife fight?!?
of 9 badges
(3 Votes, 4 Average)
It's gotta be Guile on Very Hard difficulty(Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition)! That's REALLY cheap when the CPU is doing special moves that would be physically impossible to do manually by someone! Bison was also cheap...
of 9 badges
(3 Votes, 4 Average)
I like this thread...might as well keep it going!

The second to last boss on Wu Tang Clan: Shaolin Style was a pain in the you know what! He was a rip-off of Raiden from Mortal Kombat. Come to think of it, the final boss was just as difficult!
of 5 badges
(33 Votes, 3 Average)

Mildred Availone? Her needle attacks are too cheap; I can set the COM win ratio from 1 (1P/2P) to 5 (COM) and have enough tries to spam a lot of hyper combos before Mildred's (broken) attacks appear

of 12 badges
(9 Votes, 4 Average)
Ridley in Metroid: Other M on hard mode. I love how he can just spawn kill you with a slight swipe of his tail. You get all ready to fight him, thinking that surely he can't be that much harder on hard mode, and then no sooner than you hear his trademark music start you see his bladed tail come at you at light speed and you fall to the ground dead with Ridley disrespectfully walking on your corpse.
of 15 badges
(23 Votes, 4 Average)
WOAH.
The other day, I played this fighting game called Matrimelee.
The final boss is a girl dressed like a pope named "Sissy."
SHE. IS. HARDER. THAN. AKUMA.
&feature=related
Most of the videos on Youtube of her show the real players kicking her butt by pro boss-beaters. Sorry.
of 9 badges
(3 Votes, 4 Average)
Darkside(Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days)
I've been having a tough time w/ Challenge Mode when facing this guy! He wasn't difficult when I first faced him. However, facing him in the next challenge is TOUGH! It's a time challenge & you can't use attack magic. Plus, he's a 60 level enemy(a couple direct hits will do you in!). His attacks vary from summoning low level creatures, heavy radiating attacks, and projectile attacks(shooting & falling). I can defeat him...but not quick enough!
of 15 badges
(23 Votes, 4 Average)
The bosses I've seen in Time Crisis 3 so far are like 1/3 of the game's difficulty I swear. I canNOT wait till I unlock infinite continues so I can meet Wild Dog. (Heard he's REALLY hard in this game, plus he has a kung-fu sidekick. I will report about my experience with Wild Dog HERE once I finally fight him)

Also, Fernandez in Waku Waku 7 is freaking scary. He loves kissing you and eating you up. Freaking annoying.

Galactus in Marvel vs Capcom 3 isn't that hard, but he really freaks me out and gets me bad dreams. HE's the reason I hate the game's arcade mode compared to everything else there. X(
of 9 badges
(3 Votes, 4 Average)
Extreme Mode on Trauma Center....VERY DIFFICULT!!!
of 15 badges
(23 Votes, 4 Average)
Remember how I was talking about Wild Dog from Time Crisis 3?
Well, he's nothing special... WHEN YOU HAVE ENOUGH TOKENS THAT IS! And of course, you gotta know some about aiming and dodging, but will only get you so far.
Wild Dog is the hardest boss in the Time Crisis series though I'll give you that. Each game he gets really stronger by enhancing his bionic arm, new weapons to his disposal, and in this case, a sidekick.
Wild Fang, Wild Dog's sidekick either kungfu kicks you in the face or kicks steamrollers into you when you least expect it. Pretty annoying!
Meanwhile, WIld Dog is trolling and running around, being hard to hit, all while blasting full power shots from his gun arm.
So, the boss IS fun, in a hard-boss sort of way.
Did I mention that Wild Dog is the only recurring character in the series, and each game he blows himself up? (twice in TC4!)
of 15 badges
(23 Votes, 4 Average)
Azazel from Tekken 6... what the heck man. I thought Harada said no fireballs and magic attacks!
Dark Ash from King of Fighters XIII is really hard to beat without "continue services" (which is basically cheating). Very fast, screen-filling, and annoying. Good theme song though.
of 5 badges
(33 Votes, 3 Average)

B.M. from Dreamcast import fighting game Fighting Vipers 2...  All I had to do was keep guarding all of B.M.'s attacks since B.M. is more on the offensive side than the defensive side.  What the easiest COM version does is button mash the attack buttons and hardly guards.  When I tried throwing or striking, B.M. failed to guard.  That is also the time I learned to defend often.  It took me like over ten minutes just to beat B.M.

Also, B.M. is the broken clone of Mahler, since B.M. stands for Big Mahler.

of 15 badges
(23 Votes, 4 Average)
^ interesting.

I played Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer, a NeoGeo superhero fighter by Technos. It looks like an interesting game at first... until you realize only short punches or kicks ("jabs") matter. XD
I didn't even get to the boss, despite AI being on "easy;" each stage literally progressed an extra AI level, so the stage that would have been before the 2 bosses was SO HARD I quit. I was impressed how hard anyone could be at that level in that game.
of 15 badges
(23 Votes, 4 Average)
I may have already mentioned that Cyber Akuma from Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter (the game that came right before Marvel vs Capcom 1) was a boss I have beaten a few times, but that doesn't stop him from being ridiculously hard.
If he jabs... he launches a missile! Since it's a jab, you're gonna have to be ready for that a lot! His Super Moves tend to do tons of damage: one certain move, Shun Goku Satsu does about 7/8 of one's HP bar. He's one of those many bosses that are hard enough to give up on.

Also, Phoenix from MvC3 SHOULD be a boss, since she is so fast, too many projectiles damage levels and teleports, and can resurrect as Dark Phoenix with amplified stats plus access to great supers. XD
of 5 badges
(33 Votes, 3 Average)
Umm... I was also thinking of Sinclair from The Path of the Warrior: Art of Fighting 3. I was going to beat the game without continues, but Sinclair was too cheap. Her spaceing is limited, and all she does is spam special moves and maybe stab my character when knocked down. Dunno what to do with Sinclair... Maybe a Haoh Shou Kou Ken (Robert or Ryo) would stop her, but costs half of the strength gauge. I am supposed to balance my strength gauge and defeat her at the same time.
of 5 badges
(33 Votes, 3 Average)

Material from Advanced V.G. 2's Story Mode is one of them.  Since I do not know much of Tamao's commands, I kept repeating all the commands I know for her.  Material has a flame thrower, force field, and thunder specials that did too much damage.  Material's thunder is very easy to avoid, as long as I time my dashes correctly.

of 5 badges
(33 Votes, 3 Average)

I have a third one. Sorry for all the bumping, but I got something to say!

Bobby Ologun, the Nigerian-born MMA fighter, was the final boss of PS2's Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku. He has only three attacks that are the most painful: his knockdown attack, his 8-hit command throw called the "Octopus Throw", and his gigantic laser Meteor Combo. Bobby will keep spamming his knockdown attack usually after he evades. My strategy for this is to shoot a projectile, wait a bit, and shoot another projectile to make Bobby evade and do his knockdown. Frames after this happens, I attack him with a crouching Heavy Kick. A Dust Attack will not work, as if it does not have enough range compared to the Heavy Kick. The laser one was very easy to avoid, since it has a delayed start-up. I normally perform the two-level jump to go behind Bobby. Sometimes, I pull off a Finest K.O. by using a special move, Super Combo or Meteor Combo behind him during the laser attack.

When I finally found out the strategy, Bobby didn't feel too cheap to me (though I played on Level-1 settings).  

of 15 badges
(23 Votes, 4 Average)
^ ha, interesting. I always wanted to fight him, lol. (I've only played the original Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku: Matrimelee)

The boss version of I-No in Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus is very challenging. I have beat her once very recently with May.
I-No is fast, has some good tools, great supers but that's besides the point: her boss form can preform a guitar solo attack that fires TONS of projectiles that you need a strategy to make sure you're either not hit by them or get minimal damage from them. Here are some tips, if you guys need to fight her:
1: How to avoid the super projectile that covers the most amount of screen: While it's charging, stay in the radius, but the farthest distance and block is how i minimize the damage by blocking. I don't think there is a way to completely dodge this attack however. After all, if you go behind I-No for this attack (outside the implied projectory), you'll be even more damaged!
2: How to avoid the super projectile that starts low and ends medium: This one is easy! Go far back (perhaps via air dash), and block low.
3: How to avoid the super projectile that goes low-superhigh-low or something: go in the middle opening, block low, but then when the actual projectiles are running, eventually walk towards I-No slightly and start blocking again. Like the 2nd one listed, it is possible to not even get hit, albeit harder.
Add CommentAdd Comment

You must be logged in to comment.