Community » Forums » The Art of Mii » Just Great Miis

Popular Friendly Center of Attention So Much To Say Something To Say Spammer
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)
I'm going to post some of my favourite miis from the first year at miiplaza and say a little about what I like about that particular mii and the work of that artist in general. If anyone else wants to comment on my selections or post their own favourites then feel free to contribute :)
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

Let's start with a classic - Juliette Lewis by Autx. I like this mii because of its photo-realistic qualities. It's much easier to do a caricature than strive to achieve what Autx has here; an instantly recognisable 100% accurate picture of a real person. It's impossible to see how this mii could be improved on. All Autx's miis are of a uniformly excellent quality so please check out his 'Artist Profile' or click on 'more by this artist' to see his full selection.
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch by Goobuoojuice. Another instantly familiar celebrity but this time with a hint of caricature. This mii's seemingly simple construction belies the real effort it takes to choose the correct parts for the task then size, adjust and rotate them to perfection. It's also innovative in the use of black and white photography to accurately capture the essence of the classic film from which this mii is taken. Goobuoojuice was also instrumental in developing the 'cut 'n paste' technique by which miis are transposed into real photographs of the subject. The classic 'Queen - the Miracle' and 'David Bowie - Best of Bowie' miis are great examples of the above technique.
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

'Sun from Super Mario Bros. 3' by wingslo. 'My first 'Games Mii' selection and it's not the most obvious or factually accurate mii out there, but it has a certain indelible quality that raises it towards the pinnacle of its genre. Certainly it proves the adage that the best photograph doesn't necessarily make the best mii. Here the poor quality snap actually adds to the feeling of nostalgia and simulates the feeling of heat perfectly. It's simple, elegant and original and makes you wonder why it was that you didn't think of it first. Everyone should 'Bookmark' this mii.
Popular Friendly So Much To Say Something To Say
of 15 badges
(10 Votes, 4 Average)
that i wil,l bobs vader is a really good one too!
Popular Friendly So Much To Say Something To Say Spammer
of 17 badges
(17 Votes, 4 Average)
I like this thread idea! Im going to bookmark this to keep intact with your nominations for great miis celery! Smart Idea ;D
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

donguriko by goemon3033. I picked this one but the truth is I could've chosen any one of goemon3033's 60 creations to display here. Whether they are canvas miis, abstract creations or cute, quirky characters they are all brilliantly designed and true original creations. Check out goemon3033's hugely enlightening and entertaining 'artist profile' now!
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

Tjechov (Anton Chekhov) by Linuz. It was Linuz' series of 'Legends' that first showed me that the mii creation process really has no constraints. His choice of literary and political figures (and the great response they generated from members) proved that miis aren't all about games videogames and cartoon characters. A clever use of a comparative illustration of the person accompanied each submission so we could really see how accurate his work was. Beards and spectacles have never been done so well... come back Linuz, we want more!
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

Sasquatch by Brainiac2. I love Brainiac's pokemon miis but I chose this one because it shows what can be added to the mii in the picture taking. A marvellous homage to that famous faked bigfoot home movie clip that fooled 'experts' for years until the maker came clean that it was his mate in a monkey costume. One of the first miis to really make me laugh out loud.
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

Halloween Bat by MR. TIP. Tip uses more ******* asterisks than anyone else on the site - and with good reason. He suffers the most from copycats, downvoters and bad-mannered louts that sometimes stalk the hallowed halls of miiplaza and appear to be the majority of folks on the CMO. But through it all his good humour shines like a beacon and he continues to post some of the best-loved and most iconic miis ever produced. A special word most to go 'Pac 'n Ghost' but my personal favourite is this canvas mii from Tip's extensive Halloween selection. Keep ******* it to the ******!
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

Richard Branson by rababob. This is the perfect mii. Accurate, funny and original, I wouldn't let it on my Wii though. Before you know it, it would be pulling some stupid stunt, setting up a takeover of the plaza, forming it's own rival 'mii display organisation' and infuriating the other miis with it's greasy smarminess. (You might've guessed - I'm not a fan of Branson the man). I am a fan of rababob however. The distinctive blue backgroups, the eclectic mix of subject matter, the originality and accuracy of the portrayal all trademarks of rababobs exceptional work. He's a also a straight-talking sense-expounding Moderator who doesn't stand for any crap! Encore...
Friendly Center of Attention So Much To Say Something To Say
of 15 badges
(2 Votes, 4 Average)
Thank you for complementing my Sasquatch mii.
of 15 badges
(10 Votes, 4 Average)
Quote celery:

Halloween Bat by MR. TIP. Tip uses more ******* asterisks than anyone else on the site - and with good reason. He suffers the most from copycats, downvoters and bad-mannered louts that sometimes stalk the hallowed halls of miiplaza and appear to be the majority of folks on the CMO. But through it all his good humour shines like a beacon and he continues to post some of the best-loved and most iconic miis ever produced. A special word most to go 'Pac 'n Ghost' but my personal favourite is this canvas mii from Tip's extensive Halloween selection. Keep ******* it to the ******!
made my day its people like you cel that keeps me going
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

Moe Syzlak by Cjv. This and Cjv's 'Hans Moleman' are the best Simpsons miis to be found anywhere. Mainly a maker of exceptional celebrity miis Cjv uses his own excellent showmii.com site to showcase the best of the best in mii-making - everyone can learn something new from his tutorials and dissections of particular miis. He's also done much innovative work with eyes and eye shapes by use of blonde eyebrows as partial masks - please see his mii of John Goodman as Walter as a shining exaple of what can be achieved. Heartfelt thanks from me to someone who gives so much to the mii community.
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

Tennis Team (v.1.2) by TITO. I like my miis in themes and I reckon this is the best realised group shot on the site. TITO has painstakingly and lovingly portayed some of his tennis heroes and that effort has paid off with this fabulous ensemble piece. Originally from Puerto Rico, TITO also brings a fresh cultural perspective and the chance to see great miis of some lesser known musicians and political figures. A very friendly and welcoming member here at miiplaza, TITO is a great example to us all - and a great guy. Check out his collection and broaden your horizons.
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

Gamer Cat by Scizott100. OK so it's not a mii, but we do have a 'user images' section and this one, unlike many non-mii photos, was correctly submitted in that category. I like the ears, I like the eyes, I like the paws...
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

Sarah Silverman by Tocci. As well as making many great celebrity miis Tocci is also a technical whizz and the man behind miicharacters.com. If, like me, you don't know a miibinary from an ASCII file then just have a look at his site. Don't forget while you're there to check out the 'best of the best' miis from some of your favourite mii creators and even download tutorials so you can copy them correctly. This Silverman is spot on, capturing her alluringly subversive nature to a tee. Let's here it for Tocci - a real hero of the mii community.
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

Crane Game by Atkafighter. Wow, just wow! The daddy of us all. Over 450 miis submitted and recently returned to the fold to submit his 'impossible miis' a totally new concept in mii design. Supreme in all aspects mii creation, I'm particularly fond of Atka's work with non-symmetrical miis - Asteroids and Goldfish Bowl are great examples. Too many great miis to mention, think of doing something, check Atka first, he's been there and done it better than you could ever do. A true genius, I salute you.
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)
OK, nobody's reading this thread... but there still a lot of great miis and artists I want to get through... so I'm still gonna post but I'll keep the descriptions brief so you can just look at the pretty pictures and there'll be less of me prattling on.
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

Chicken Little by Josean. One of the most-copied miis on the CMO and what better testament to its iconic status. Josean's also a moderator of the forums and shows great integrity in standing up for the rights of the individual against the bullying-tactics of the 'self-righteous' cliques - who are present here in miiplaza.net as well as society as a whole.
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

Benecio Del Toro by Ali420. A brilliant celebrity caricaturist with 100 fabulous creations. His style is unique and his choices of subject 'offbeat'. A firm favourite of mine - he's the 'thinking man's' mii artist of choice.
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

Jean Reno as 'The Professional' in the film 'Leon'. One of the earliest contributors to miiplaza and still one of the best. He's provided the templates for many mii designs that others have tried to improve upon, but rarely do they succeed, thanks to the quality of the originals. He's dabbled with the miieditor, cut 'n' paste creations and black and white imagery - and notably in this design, the angle of the head when the picture is taken, here creating a unique eye/spectacles combination. A pioneer and an inspiration.
of 14 badges
(19 Votes, 4 Average)
Quote celery:
OK, nobody's reading this thread... but there still a lot of great miis and artists I want to get through... so I'm still gonna post but I'll keep the descriptions brief so you can just look at the pretty pictures and there'll be less of me prattling on.

We're definitely still reading your thread. We just don't want to disrupt the elegance of your thread. ^_^

Thanks. :)
of 15 badges
(4 Votes, 4 Average)
well said josean! im just stunned by that benicio del toro! it's so damn perfect!
Friendly So Much To Say Something To Say
of 7 badges
(5 Votes, 4 Average)
Quote celery:

Crane Game by Atkafighter. Wow, just wow! The daddy of us all. Over 450 miis submitted and recently returned to the fold to submit his 'impossible miis' a totally new concept in mii design. Supreme in all aspects mii creation, I'm particularly fond of Atka's work with non-symmetrical miis - Asteroids and Goldfish Bowl are great examples. Too many great miis to mention, think of doing something, check Atka first, he's been there and done it better than you could ever do. A true genius, I salute you.

That right there is Atka material. Nothing but awesomeness.
Add CommentAdd Comment

You must be logged in to comment.