Popular Friendly So Much To Say Something To Say
of 14 badges
(4 Votes, 4 Average)
^ Right on!

All the miis in this thread are really impressive...nice picks Celery! :D
Friendly Something To Say
of 14 badges
(9 Votes, 4 Average)
Here's one for the creator of this thread: Celery's Patricia Arquette.
I always find it hard to make women miis. Especially if they are attractive. Usually pretty girls come out looking generic and bland. This mii isn't what I'd call attractive. But it's an excellent caricature. The frightened eyes, the pouty lips, the funny haircut. He uses some rarely used pieces, and at the same time captures her signature expression perfectly.
Popular Friendly Center of Attention So Much To Say Something To Say Spammer
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)
Thanks for that rababob... and thanks to everyone else for their kind comments, I'll post some more today but first I need to apologise for an omission...
Quote celery:

Jean Reno as 'The Professional' in the film 'Leon'. One of the earliest contributors to miiplaza and still one of the best. He's provided the templates for many mii designs that others have tried to improve upon, but rarely do they succeed, thanks to the quality of the originals. He's dabbled with the miieditor, cut 'n' paste creations and black and white imagery - and notably in this design, the angle of the head when the picture is taken, here creating a unique eye/spectacles combination. A pioneer and an inspiration.

Adam J. is the creator of this mii and the person I was waxing lyrical about in the piece. I got so carried away I forgot to mention his name... oops! Humble apologies Adam, I'll add another mii of yours later in the thread to try to make up for my error.
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

Sebastien Chabal by Wii (UK). Hang on, I know what you're thinking... but bear with me while I explain. Yes, it's true that many of Wii(UK)'s miis are essentially the same, but I prefer not to think of it as a lack of talent or of imagination but, moreover, as a unique sense of style. Just very subtle changes can influence your perception of the quality of a mii and in this Chabal mii the generic choice of eyes, nose and mouth are complimented perfectly by the addition of long hair and beard. Say what you like, this is one of my very favourite miis - and done on the miieditor too!
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

Seaman by DeltaP42. Another consistent performer with an extensive roster of high-quality miis, I really don't know that much about DeltaP42 - but that doesn't stop me from admiring his miis. This mii is perfectly executed and an original subject in the congested category of 'Games Miis'. A breath of fresh seawater.
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

The Mighty Poo from Conker's Bad Fur Day by isic. You ain't nobody on the plaza till you've had an argument with isic and under the barrage of abuse, CAPITAL LETTERS, and exclamation marks (!!!), I have to admit he generally does have a good point to make. Anyway, whatever you may think of isic's tactfulness there's no denying the quality of his miis. This 'Mighty Poo' is a genuinely fantastic creation - funny and inimitable, and there are dozens of others of equal quality on his page. Come back to the forums and 'stir it up' once in a while please isic, it just ain't the same without ya.
Popular Friendly So Much To Say Something To Say Spammer
of 19 badges
(3 Votes, 4 Average)
Awesome thread celery! This is a great way to show unnoticed miis from great artists. Keep goin!
Friendly
of 1 badges
(0 Votes, 3 Average)
i like the mighty poop its funny.
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

NEWMAN! by Mojo. Mojo's not posted any miis for a while but I wish he'd return. His Seinfeld characters, Beatles and many others were highlights in the early days of miiplaza.net. He also made great compilation videos posted to YouTube and still available through his Artist Profile page. This Wayne Knight mii is particularly striking when you consider how difficult it is to make 'fat' miis, which do tend to be somewhat generic in appearance, no such problems here as Mojo hits the nail right on the head. Come back Mojo, it's been too long!
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

Nog from Star Trek:DS9 by emmyceru. Klingons, Cardassians, Andorians, Ferengi, Bajorans, Talaxians they all ought to be impossible within the limitations of the Wii mii editor - but somehow emmyceru handles them all with ease. Even if you can't stand Star Trek you should check out emmyceru's page for the sheer inventiveness and ingenuity on display. This Nog has a moustache for a mouth, spectacles for cranial bumps, eyebrows for ears and a mouth for a forehead ridge - it shouldn't succeed, yet it works perfectly. Look and learn.
Friendly Center of Attention So Much To Say Something To Say
of 15 badges
(2 Votes, 4 Average)
I bumping this and adding some of my own
of 15 badges
(2 Votes, 4 Average)
Kirby. great mii right there. Got his expression, cheeks, and sitting position into one canvas mii. Better than all of the full body ones.
of 15 badges
(2 Votes, 4 Average)
Psyduck. got the exact beak shape right. in a way it looks like it's coming out at you. in a way he Marcelgom used the hair to put the head behind the beak.
of 15 badges
(2 Votes, 4 Average)
Darksied. A superman villain and mii I had long considered impossible, King Zombie figured out that he could use the nose to split the mouth into two, evil-looking eyes. not only that, he got the expression and the wrinkles on the forehead.
of 15 badges
(2 Votes, 4 Average)
Another seemingly impossible mii. But Roxii pulled it off. He got the eye section, the nose, the mouth, the stripes...everything's covered.
of 18 badges
(22 Votes, 4 Average)

In my opinion, this is by far and away the BEST mii ever made. Autx at his very best! Complete perfection in every way, and I'm not exaggerating a bit.
Popular Friendly Something To Say
of 13 badges
(1 Votes, 4 Average)
I'll have to start saying that there are too many great Miis! I started bookmarking some but I found myself forced to stop doing so!
Anyways this are some I consider great Miis in no particular order.
James Brown
of 13 badges
(1 Votes, 4 Average)
Completely agree with celery's pick of my fellow country man Benicio del Toro from Ali's work and will have to add his Bram Stroker's Dracula interpretation as one of the Great ones.
of 13 badges
(1 Votes, 4 Average)
This one besides of being a great and original one I found very amusing.
Screamer by BBQ Iggy.
of 13 badges
(1 Votes, 4 Average)
Well and from celery's work I'll have to say that I believe his Tom Hank's interpretation is my favorite and definitely among the great ones. .
of 13 badges
(1 Votes, 4 Average)
Autx is one of my favorite Mii artists and Freddie Mercurie is an example of one of the great Miis of a great Rock legend. .
of 13 badges
(1 Votes, 4 Average)
Now, this guy sometimes I'm not sure if he is crazy or a genius... maybe he is both! But nevertheless I'd have to say his work is definitely great. I consider one of his recent work definitely originally great... Mario Myers. Anyway, keep up the great work guys!
of 18 badges
(22 Votes, 4 Average)

Old and young Hanks, side by side. Two of the most accurate miis anyone will ever make. I can't believe I missed celery's. It is nearly as perfect as Autx's.
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)
Thanks for the compliment RedSoxFan but my Hanks just isn't in the same class as Autx's. He is the single best 'real-person caricaturist' in the history of mii design. I can only hope to be touched by one hundredth of his genius.
of 13 badges
(1 Votes, 4 Average)
Quote celery:
Thanks for the compliment RedSoxFan but my Hanks just isn't in the same class as Autx's. He is the single best 'real-person caricaturist' in the history of mii design. I can only hope to be touched by one hundredth of his genius.

Well celery, I am definitely a fan of Autx and his real life Miis... but on this particular one, if there was a "Tom Hanks Mii Contest" I would give my vote to yours!
Add CommentAdd Comment

You must be logged in to comment.