Community » Forums » The Art of Mii » The MiiPlaza Hall of Fame

Popular Friendly Center of Attention So Much To Say Something To Say Spammer
of 18 badges
(22 Votes, 4 Average)

Congrats to all! (waits for thread to be closed and Josean to explain results)

Popular Friendly So Much To Say Something To Say
of 14 badges
(19 Votes, 4 Average)

The MiiPlaza Hall of Fame - October/November 2008

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen of GamerCreated. The Official HoF Committee proudly presents the new inductees of the MiiPlaza Hall of Fame for October/November 2008.

Remember to express your joy, glee and mirth in the Hall of Fame - nominations and suggestions thread.

Popular Friendly So Much To Say Something To Say
of 14 badges
(19 Votes, 4 Average)
The MiiPlaza Hall of Fame - December 2008/January 2009

Oh yes, we are still up and running! This time The Official HoF Committee presents the following inductees of the MiiPlaza Hall of Fame for December 2008/January 2009.

If the excitement of these recent inductees have sent you into an epileptic shock, then tells us all about it over at the Hall of Fame - nominations and suggestions thread!
of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

It seems a bit of a shame to let this thread languish...

All the miis above were inducted into the Hall of Fame using an arduous process of nomination, discussion and voting by the 5 members of the committee. That committee was composed of Josean (the moderator and chairman) plus regular mii contributors and forum enthusiasts - Mr. Tip, RedSoxFan, B1LL and myself (celery). Whilst all these people are still active on the site we don't get together regularly enough to continue to use the same process.

It's now nearly 2 years since the last update and a lot of great miis have been submitted since then. So I undertook a process of research to try to find a fair way to continue this thread and induct some more hugely-deserving miis into the MiiPlaza Hall of Fame. I'm glad to announce that I've settled on some criteria and that an update featuring loads of brilliant new miis is coming soon... YAY!

of 18 badges
(41 Votes, 4 Average)

OK, here goes...

...but first a couple of points I gotta make.

The post below features all the new miis that have received 10 or more votes since the thread was last updated almost 2 years ago. My intention was to do a Top 50 miis of the last 2 years and that's kinda what I got... including ties we have a grand total of 70 miis here. They're listed from most votes to least - so judging solely by the criteria of most votes that makes ShakeandBake's 25 votes for his 'WiiMote' the community's favourite.

Where this means of calculation falls flat is that it seems it's now considerably harder to get 10 votes than it was 2 years ago. In fact the most recent mii to achieve this is Eben Frostey's 'Kirk' and that was posted way back in early April this year (2010). At some future point I'll take that date as the cut-off and do a re-count going forward which has slightly less demanding criteria. I think the standard of new miis and innovation remains incredibly high and though the site perhaps doesn't have the weight of membership it once enjoyed it still has a core community of great artists doing great work.

One last thing - I'm going to un-lock the thread so that if anyone wants to comment then they will be able to do so. I don't want the thread littered with ramblings about the State of the Union or who's going to star in 'The Hobbit', let alone the occasional troll who stops by hoping to disrupt the normal peaceful meanderings of the community - so it'll still be subject to some pretty heavy moderation - but if you want to express your opinion on the concept of this, it's workings or the individual entries, then the chance is there.

cheers, celery

Friendly Center of Attention So Much To Say Something To Say Spammer
of 15 badges
(23 Votes, 4 Average)
huzzah! glad to see this thing back!
Add CommentAdd Comment

You must be logged in to comment.